I challenge you to find fault with any the following:
- If the #metoo movement would have been around, Bill Clinton wouldn't have survived being governor of Arkansas, let alone survive a Democratic primary for President.
- Bill Clinton's abuse of Monica Lewinsky was horrifying.
- It was so horrifying, that a respected reporter was completely correct to try to report it.
- The true story of what Bill Clinton did to Lewinsky was killed by Newsweek editors.
- The killed story made its way to what was then an obscure website called the Drudge Report.
- The Drudge Report became one of the top sites on the internet after that.
- As it grew it sent huge amounts of traffic to a site called Breitbart, making it a huge success.
- One of Breitbart's founders was Steve Bannon.
- At Breitbard, Bannon worked with investor Robert Mercer.
- Mercer funded Cambridge Analytica, which also hired Bannon.
- Cambridge Analytica, Bannon, and Mercer were key players in getting Donald Trump elected.
Is there any fault in any of that progression? Any of those facts?
Now, a logical conclusion is that without that set of facts, maybe we wouldn't have Cambridge Analytica and Steve Bannon would still be a third-rate movie producer, and maybe a few thousand voters in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania would not have voted for Trump.
Unlike the numbered facts above, it's debatable.
Bill Clinton didn't just create a world where Trump could beat his wife, he created a world where it was Trump, and not someone else, would challenge his wife. "How do we maximize Trump?" was a memo that actually circulated in the Clinton campaign, according to an inside account.
What's not debatable is that Bill Clinton sowed the seeds that made things bad for Hillary, Monica, and women in general.
He also made things bad for immigrants, way before Trump figured out how to make that an issue.
But Bill Clinton made things good for friends like Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, and Donald Trump.
So, while we can't blame Bill Clinton for man-buns, just about everything else that's really bad right now can be traced back to him.